View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Yet Another 6809 SBC, with a Unix-like environment 

Hi all, after a few months of work I've finally got to the point where I can announce my "Nine-E" project. This is a 6809 SBC with a UART, storage on a USB key, 8K of ROM and 54K of RAM. That's enough to get a Unix-like environment up and running on it (no multitasking). Here's a link to the project: https://github.com/DoctorWkt/Nine-E

And a picture of the board below. Cheers, Warren

Attachments:
File comment: PC board
pcbphoto.jpg
pcbphoto.jpg [ 111.85 KiB | Viewed 2164 times ]
Sat Aug 19, 2023 4:34 am

Very nice! From your README status report:
Quote:
The hardware is rock solid. I've got the xv6 filesystem in ROM and working well. I've got some of the FUZIX libc running including the mem/string functions, the stdio functions, and malloc/brk/sbrk. The rest of the libc is untested.

There are some basic programs, e.g. the ones that come with xv6. There is also a simple vi-like editor, a simple less-like pager, and a document processor called roff. So, with the current system, you can edit documents, process them and see the output.

There is a simple shell that knows about * and ? expansion, file redirection such as >, <, >> and 2>.

Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]