I'm not dead!
So almost two years later, I find the box for this project and then looked at this forum post and decided to revive this old project. I have tons more experience now since I'm working on a Z80 computer
and am also finishing up a Z180 game console
. Since I've done two Z80 related systems, I want to step things up a bit and tackle this 68K that didn't want to work for me!
Looking back, I have found that I'm REALLY inconsistent with my designing! So for this project I'm making a list of things I want this computer to do, and I'm sticking to it.
- four expansion slots (three parallel and 1 serial)
- HDD port
- SPI BIOS with diagnostic utilities
- PS2 Ports for mouse and keyboard
- Serial port
- Overclocking and overvolting
- temperature monitor and fan controller
- Support for up to 12MB of DRAM, 2 slots, 6MB per slot
- External cache using SRAM, up to 128KB
- FPGA as northbridge with Cache controller, DRAM controller, and IO
- Built in ethernet, audio, and USB controller
- mini-ITX board layout