View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 PSoC4 6800/6500/Intel bus interface 

I needed a way to add classic I/O interfaces to my desktop PC, so I built a module that connects to usb, and has a classic bus interface on the other side. It uses a PSoC4 and its integrated digital blocks to generate the logic to drive the bus. The current version requires a two phase clock generator, so I used the MC6875.

http://hackaday.io/project/1937

I'll later post the entire project.

Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:34 pm

You're running at 5V I suppose? So the bus you expose looks very much like an 8-bit micro bus. The idea is to be able to hook up 8-bit peripherals - but not to drive any I/Os directly? I see your block diagram shows a 6522 for I/O.

The PSoC4 looks interesting - 16MHz ARM core with up to 20 GPIOs and operating up to 5V. (Also 24MHz and 48MHz available.) And the dev boards are just $4.
http://uk.mouser.com/new/Cypress-Semico ... -049-kits/

Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:56 am

Yes, 5V, and the bus timing match that of 65/68xx series micro, but I also added an extra WR signal, so that it can interface even with Intel peripherals. Due to the lack of i/o ports, the bus has only a 8 bit address space. The beauty of the psoc is that once i set up this system, in the mcu code I just need to set the address register, data(if writing), and activate the transfer. The timing is completely controlled by the logic.

Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]