View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Need a hardware forum to discuss parts and products 

I think if users are going to build new products or single board computers, one of the things is a forum to discuss parts or products because one of the things I've been going through is surveying the available off the shelf parts to build something.

I found a new Pic32 that has a separate pipeline for data and instruction which is designed for Bluetooth devices but in order for development, it is advantageous to let users know for development or else they have less options and less interest to build.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:56 pm

Do you mean you're looking for an existing online community to help with part selection?

Other than manufacturer's forums, I'd try http://electronics.stackexchange.com/ and of course http://forum.6502.org where appropriate.

Thu Dec 04, 2014 4:14 pm

Thank you for the links.

What I find is that I need more sampling of products because there are a lot of users who only use one company and I will get few examples and I went to price the bill of materials for a clock project on Hackaday and it was over $100 for something I could go out to the store and buy for $40 to $20 or less.

Some of the Microcontroller companies also have to make a living so they charge more for products that work well with their microcontroller but I don't need to support their company. People who are loyal to one microcontroller company are not necessarily going to show me a different product which might be better.

Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]