View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Artificial Intelligence Chat Bot 

Hello, You may have recently seen this elsewhere in your browsing, but there is an experimental Artificial Intelligence Chat Bot that actually is pretty good based on my recent experiences with it. I've attached a link. (A signup process is required.)

I asked the AI about computer architecture design and the advantages of stack computers, and the answers were actually very good. I also asked about some rather arcane historical events and related perspectives, and again the answers were surprisingly good. Thought you might enjoy checking it out! Michael

https://chat.openai.com

Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:06 pm
Profile WWW

I am kind of interestred more in the algorithom. People chat about 'important' things, money, sex, cars,social news.
How does a machine 'know' what is important?
Ben.
Hex could call up MAYBE,PERHAPS,SUPPOSE and WHY as well as AND's and OR's.Hex could think the unthinkable quite easily.
From The science of Discworld.

Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:41 pm

The Chat Bot doesn't know anything, besides which words tend to follow the set of preceding words. But it has been trained on so much content from the web that it is convincing, even when not correct, on a surprising variety of topics. Anything you might find in wikipedia, in stack overflow, on reddit, and so on, it will probably have seen and digested.

There's quite an art in fashioning the prompt to set it off in the desired direction.

I say all the above not having used it, but having done my own digesting of articles about it...

Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]