View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Ide68k C compiler 

A while ago I downloaded Ide68k http://home.kpn.nl/pj.fondse/ide68k/index.html

Just recently I tried to poke with it a bit, and try to figure out how to compile some C code.
You need to start a project first, then you can select the cpu, and create a C file.
Once you written your C program you can press compile, which will convert the C code into assembly and add it to the asm file. When I tried it, every time I would compile it would just append the new code, so I would have to delete the old one manually. I would like to try how it performs, but the 68k sbc that I built a while ago is not in a pretty condition. + I was in a hurry to finish it, so the schematics are nonexistent.

Has anyone tried Ide68k, or has anyone a 68k machine on which could test some compiled C code?

Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Haven't got a machine to test (well, I own a couple of Amigas but have no display for them) - have you considered testing in an emulator? Bochs can emulate 68000 I think, or http://sourceforge.net/projects/aranym/ for example emulates an Atari 68k.

Cheers
Ed

Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:56 pm

Hi, I'm new here. I used EASy68K tool for my 68K projects this year, but now I want to work with C and multitask OS. I want to follow up on IDE68K which has an updated version, 3.0. I'm able to load the S record generated by IDE68K and run it on my 68K boards using HyperTerminal, but I'm not able to talk to my hardware directly using IDE68K's terminal emulation--it will generate lots of garbage characters and then lockup IDE68K software. Does anyone know what kinda communication protocol the IDE68k's terminal emulation expects? I did sent Peter Fondse an email a couple weeks ago, but no reply.

My 68K hardware are Tiny68K & repurposed SPX-MPU board.
https://www.retrobrewcomputers.org/doku ... bc:tiny68k
https://www.retrobrewcomputers.org/doku ... sbc:mpu302

Bill

Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:16 am

Sometimes the receiver is overrun when the sender goes too fast - have you a terminal program which can pace the output?

A bit of searching suggests HyperTerminal can pace on a line-by-line basis, and TeraTerm can also pace on a character-by-character basis.

A more basic possibility is that you have a mismatch of bit rate, or number of stop bits, or even parity.

Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:08 am

I'm afraid I didn't state my problem with IDE68K very well. I can compile C program on IDE68K and then download it to my hardware using a standard terminal program like HyperTerminal or TeraTerm without any issues. IDE68K also has a terminal program built in. It can be set to different baud rate, comm ports, and other properties like a regular terminal program. However, when I try to communicate to my hardware via the IDE68K's terminal program, it displays garbage characters and crashes.
This morning I hooked up two com ports with a null modem. My regular HyperTerminal runs one of ther comm port while the other comm port is connected to IDE68K's terminal program. I find that HyperTerminal can receive data from IDE68K's terminal program, but transmit just a single character from HyperTerminal to IDE68K's terminal will cause multiple garbage characters to be displayed on the IDE68K terminal and crashed IDE68K.
For now I use IDE68K to compile C programs and download the binaries using a third-party terminal program. This is a workable solution for now.
Bill

Sat Dec 23, 2017 2:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]