View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:41 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 text line editors 

I am looking for a simple text line editor, written in a high level languge like C or Pascal. The PDP/8 text editor feature set is what I am looking for; read write insert edit delete and list lines. that is all. Once get a text editor, I then can get my program development self hosting. (BE GONE MICROSLUT* forever)
* too many adult game ads lately. Ben.
Is there any 6502 development done on 6502 machines?

Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:27 am

I've always like the line
    Ed is the standard text editor

Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:06 pm

If you are interested in writing your own simple editor, here's a great tutorial. Description:
Quote:
This is an instruction booklet that shows you how to build a text editor in C.
The text editor is antirez’s kilo, with some changes. It’s about 1000 lines of C in a single file with no dependencies, and it implements all the basic features you expect in a minimal editor, as well as syntax highlighting and a search feature.

Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:21 am

I have seen his page, the editor uses full sceen control codes (VT100) but I have the OTHER brand
of terminal. The real problem I have set my self a 1974/1975 time frame for I/O and memory size,
so have only 20KB of memory and program. I don't have a C compiler, for my machine because they are too BIG to self host. I have simple ALGOL like compiler so I can hand convert C programs if they don't use the macro processor too much, or have structures. Thank your for the feedback

Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]